Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Summer Firsts

So, a thing happened today. I created a blog using Blogger.com.  Obviously, this is a first. By its very definition, create means to make something that has never been. I guess that's really the definition for invent, but as far as I'm concerned, I invented a blog that belongs to me.

Summer break has just gotten under way, since my last day of school was Wednesday, June 5. However, it has already been full of excitement and anticipation in this short period of time. 

First, I decided I would write during his summer... write something, anything... be a writer. A writer of ideas for now. Maybe books, later.

Next, I wrote a short piece about getting started as a writer. It was published in a blogspot for TeacherWrite.com on June 10. At the same time, I have been writing/journaling daily for the #100DOSW10 (100 Days of Summer Writing).

Then, I registered for a virtual writing workshop for teachers via TeachWrite. This evening, I participated in my first workshop and wrote for an hour (never done that before), producing five journal-pages about "Hair". Apparently, I had a lot to say about that.

I think I'm going to stick with this writing thing. Set some goals and write everyday.

5 comments:

  1. Good for you! Looking forward to reading about your adventure with writing this summer. And yes, there's a lot to say about hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Congrats on creating a blog and all the writing you will do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to reading your blog this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm impressed with your output since school was out. Keep writing, you're definitely on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to live a writerly summer. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete