Saturday, March 14, 2020

Stranger Things

March 14, 2020

Saturday, March 14...today should be the Saturday before the Monday that I return to school after Spring Break. But, it's not. It is actually, so far, the first of three Saturdays I will be out of school until we go back on Monday, March 30.

During my official week of Spring Break, I seemed to have no energy to do much of anything. I spend a lot of time lounging on the couch, thinking, "It's only a week. I need to be rested and recuperated before going back to finish the year strong." (To be fair, I did a lot of writing and working out, too.)

But, for some reason, once I got the notification that our "break" would be extended two more weeks, I seemed to suddenly possess some supernatural amount of energy to clean my entire house today (with my husband's help, of course).

I personally find this to be strange, and I wonder if others have experienced this.

Maybe it's just mental...knowing that I now have a lot more time to do a lot more things and still be rested and recuperated by the time we go back.

I don't know! It's just strange, to me.

7 comments:

  1. We will be out three weeks, then have our spring break- so a month of no school. I'm not sure I have that much cleaning, but I will take advantage of the time as you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not experiencing this yet. It seems like a normal weekend, but I know that will all change Monday when our normal routine will be disrupted. Enjoy your clean house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot on my "to do" list now that I will be home for the next two weeks, but I haven't worked myself too hard this weekend yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far we are on schedule to be normal. But we don't have a spring break so nothing there. However, the two states neighboring us on the east have both canceled school for the entire state until sometime in April. Not sure if Iowa will follow suit or stay the course. Enjoy your time off and I hope it is productive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time occupies our minds in different ways when it changes. You were expecting next week to require one kind of work from you, and now it requires something quite different, and unknown. It's a positive that you used that new perspective to clean house — since you're going to be spending more time there than you expected.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We cleaned today and it felt so good. We’re getting a lot done and I’m kind of worried we will run out of things to do. Our house and yard will be in better shape than ever before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That all makes sense to me ... probably because I find myself making plans for all the projects I'll be doing now that I'll be spending more time at home. We have an indefinite time to self-isolate. Our programming has moved online for the rest of the semester. Maybe I'll finally get my bookcases constructed and finish unpacking!

    ReplyDelete