Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Writing Outside - #SOL21

 


Saturday morning I went outside to write.

The clouds were wispy and sort of spread throughout the sky. They moved along at a consistent pace, at times giving the sun a place to hide, and at other times, allowing all of the sun's rays to shine through exposing me to brief moments of Texas hot.

I had ever noticed how peaceful and quiet our neighborhood is at this time of the morning. The birds provided a song for me to enjoy - an occasional "oo-oo-oo" could be heard, while much closer were the "teeer-teeer-teeer" sounds from birds living in the tree in my front yard.

Everything seemed so still except the occasional sway and rustle of the trees as a gentle breeze made its presence known, then quickly was no more.

Having taken the moment to sit in my driveway and write this morning made me realize that I need to adjust and find balance in the busyness of my schedule and obligations; I need to make time to enjoy the beauty of nature right outside my front door.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to write outside, Donnetta! The birds are good company, aren't they? As I said in my Slice today, I'm still getting into my summer groove, and finding time and space to write is most definitely part of the plan. Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan--taking time to enjoy the beauty of nature! It's amazing how easy it is to get so busy that we don't get time to appreciate that which is right outside our door. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely descriptive writing, Donnetta! I love taking my notebook outside; I don't know why I don't do it more often! I'd love to hear more about your NWP experience. I've always wanted to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These small moments offer peace and inspiration, filling the soul to keep going during a day. I am happy for you and hope you can have many morning moments like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, it really is amazing how much a scenery change like this one can shift so very much. Thank you for sharing this Slice. It's a reminder for me to get out there and reconnect, as well!

    ReplyDelete