Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Popular Culture: BGSU - March 19 2024 - SOLSC24

 POPULAR CULTURE

University Libraries at Bowling Green State University

On the 4th Floor of the William T. Jerome Library on the campus of Bowling Green State University (Ohio), you will find a special library with a collection special things. 

As college student at BGSU, the Ray & Pat Browne Library for Popular Culture Studies was one of my work-study, on campus gigs. I worked a few hours per week to make a few bucks.

My fondest memories include checking students in who visited the library for research, sorting playbills, and wheeling & dealing as I moved the rolling stack shelving to retrieve needed items. Students were not allowed in the stacks. Fun Times!




1 comment:

  1. Somehow I keep forgetting that you are orginally from Ohio! This looks like a fascinating job. I wonder if you appreciate it more now than you did as a college student?

    ReplyDelete