Thursday, March 21, 2024

Opportunities - March 21 2024 - SOLSC

 Opportunities

A few weeks ago, I made the decision to do a thing.

I applied for a position in my district called Cadre.

Cadre is a team of people who work together to create curriculum.

No, I'm not leaving the classroom. 

I love being in the classroom. 

I love teaching at my school.

However, I have been teaching 2nd grade for the past 7 years.

I recently began to feel like I need a change...a need to grow in some way.

So, I see Cadre as an opportunity to learn and grow while still doing what I love.

I won't know for a couple of weeks if I've been selected.

But, I'm extremely proud of myself for taking the risk.


5 comments:

  1. This would be an excellant opportunity, and I think you would be perfect for it! But I might be a bit biased! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU GO GIRL!!! I'll be pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best to you! I hope you receive a positive response. And yes, both recognizing a need to grow and then taking concrete action merit applause. I'm sure the Cadre would benefit from your expertise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I applaud you for taking that risk. Also for being so reflective about your own teaching practice that you knew you needed to do something different to keep growing and being the best you can be for your students. They are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds intriguing, Donnetta. I'm so excited to hear more. How lucky they'd be to have you! After 26 year in Kindergarten, I'm ready for a change, too!

    ReplyDelete