Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Slicing and Notebooking

Slicing and Notebooking
March 3, 2020

On January 1 of this year, I embarked on a writing journey that not only tested my mental and creative fortitude, it challenged my commitment and dedication to stick with something longer than a minute - #100daysofnotebooking.  

In February, some of my wonderful notebooking friends mentioned the Slice of Life March Writing Challenge. I had never heard of it and once I learned more about it (31 days of writing/blogging/commenting), I wasn't sure I could handle two challenges at once. After all, my mental and creative fortitude were already being stretched. But, I took the plunge, and on March 1, I started posting my little Slice of Life.

One thing that is important is that I produce quality work for both. I like to be creative with my notebook as often as I can, but it requires dedicated time and I'm a perfectionist-ish.  Writing a slice could be quick and easy, but I'm a perfectionist-ish. 

It pains me to admit that I can't give my all to both. So, for now, I get the words on the page in my take-everywhere notebook and I type my blog to post my slice. I will be able to spend more time writing and creating in a few days, for a few days during Spring Break. I will take that time to do the quality work of notebooking and slicing that I really want to do.




4 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's hardest to "ish" it -- but that's something I've been trying to work on ... funny to work hard on NOT getting things perfect... but it feels good (sometimes!) Good luck with all of the writing! I wanted to so the #100daysofnotebooking, but life got in the way super quick on that one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being able to give yourself the time is so hard! There are always so many other things you want or need to do. It's great that you've come up with a way to approach your writing rather than ditching one challenge or the other. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for knowing your limits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ish is how I have to approach it, too. Doing both every day, but never enough time to make me proud.

    ReplyDelete