Saturday, January 15, 2022

Catch Phrases - #SOS71


/’kaCH,frāz/ noun: a well-known sentence or phrase

1. "I am an Education Professional." - This statement was borrowed from a radio personality, who sometimes flubbed what she was trying to say. She would emphatically state, "I am a communication professional"; then, perfectly restate that which she had previously flubbed.  I liked it so much I adapted it my profession. I use it to remind myself that I am fully capable of handling all the craziness of being a teacher right now.

2. I follow #1 with "and I can do hard things." This one has been a mantra of. mine for very long time, thanks to Jennifer Laffin, creator of Teach Write, LLC. Both statements together are my 1-2-PUNCH for combatting the doubt that easily and often seeps in, as well as the feelings of being overwhelmed when "IT ALL" seems to never end; when I have more to do than the amount of time I perceive to have to get it done. 

 

6 comments:

  1. The image of double punch to break the doubt/overwhelm is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two wonderful catch phrases to live by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful response to Ruth's prompt. I offer my kudos to all my friends who are education professionals. You're definitely being asked to do hard things and I tip my hat to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you can! Yes, we can! Thanks for the reminders and the great mantras. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your one-two punch--and I'm also adopting that first catch phrase!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect! Isn't it lovely the way a catch phrase helps us get to know one another a bit better? I agree with Terje, this "double punch" is awesome.

    ReplyDelete