Thursday, March 7, 2024

I'm Writing This Slice During Open House - March 7 2024 - SOLSC

 I'm Writing This Slice During Open House

Tonight is Open House at my school. 

Parents are signing in and looking at their children's work.

Students are showing off all of their hard work so far this year.

Young siblings are entertaining themselves writing on my whiteboard.

Former students stop by giving me hugs; putting a smile on my face.

I am not required to have much interaction with parents, but, of course, I do!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds as if it was a busy night for you. It must be fun to be witness to your open house. Ours is just us talking to parents with no kids whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun night! I love seeing former students. It’s such an honor when they come back, remember us, and even want to say hello and give a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What excellent multi-tasking! It sounds like your open house is fairly relaxing, and a nice way to connect with the school community. What a lovely model for an open house! I really like the simplicity of your lines, telling the different groups of people there and how each of them was interacting with you/the room. All together, it conveys the sense of fun bustling.

    ReplyDelete