Thursday, November 11, 2021

Trying and Accepting #SOS

 

If something is important enough, you should try. Even if the probable outcome is failure.

[Elon Musk]

This quote resonates with me more this school year than any other. 
Every day I enter my classroom knowing my Scholars are important enough for me to try...whatever it is.
However, there are so many things being asked of teachers this year that it seems like failure is inevitable.
I will never stop trying, for my Scholars are important enough.
But I have radically accepted that my best will also have to be good enough.
I’m joining an open community of writers over at Sharing Our Stories: Magic in a Blog. If you write (or want to write) just for the magic of it, consider this your invitation to join us. #sosmagic

7 comments:

  1. I also have reminded myself of this so often over the last year, and I remind my kids too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do the best we can with what we have. Make sure you remember to take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we often tell our students this, but we fail to tell ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been trying to accept this truth for a while now too. Sometimes I just have to mutter it to myself.... "I'm trying my best. I'm trying my best. I'm trying my best." And sometimes I hear God reply, faintly "I know." :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That line about acceptance is mighty - sometimes we must adjust the vision dreamed of with what we can actually accomplish. It feels like a lowering of standards, but it isn't - it's more a fuel-rationing, in order to keep going! Like the Little Engine That Could...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh..."radically accepted"—this is Truth. Some acceptances are radical, and you nailed it here.

    ReplyDelete