Thursday, March 26, 2020

My Three Loves

March 26, 2020

I have three loves and they are not family members. Not husband, nor children, nor pets. My three loves are activities...what I love to do...working out, reading, and writing.

Working out have brought me a sense routine and calm if you will. I like to eat, and making healthy choices is not always my forte. But, knowing that I have moved my body in some way makes me feel like I am choosing something healthy for myself.

Writing has given me a way to put on paper what my mind needs to process and what my heart may not understand. It gives me a sense of purpose in these uncertain times.

Reading had always been my first love. I have enjoyed reading ever since I discovered my grandmother's shelves of novels...Agatha Christie, Danielle Steel, V.C. Andrews. Nowadays, I mostly enjoy reading books about teaching. I am currently reading "Get Out of Your Own Way" by Dave Hollis. It's a very insightful book. I don't spend as much time reading as I do writing. I think writing may be taking reading's place in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. How great that your three loves are things that also offer you a bit of self care?

    ReplyDelete