Thursday, June 10, 2021

Sometimes Things Go Haywire - June 10, 2021

Image by anncapictures from Pixabay  

So...the situation I write about below may not technically count as "going haywire", but it's dilemma for me all the same. 

As much as I welcome Summer Break, it comes with its own set of challenges. Namely the hours between 7am and 4pm. During the school year, those hours are accounted for. In the summer, I'm responsible for  making those hours productive.

I am keeping my routine for the most part, and I have an ever-growing To-Do list, but there are times in the day that I don't do much or I seem to get sucked in to doing something NOT on my list.

At the time of this notebook entry, I don't know how I will solve this problem. But, I do know I can't let time pass me by this summer. August will be here before you know it, and I will be writing about a totally different time problem...not having enough.

______________________________________________________

Just before I was about to hit "Publish", I heard a familiar voice (in my head and not my voice) telling me to keep a "Done List". A list of the things I get done during the day. Some of those things may not be on my To Do list, but I will have accurate account of what I have accomplished for the day.

I think I'll try it. Thanks Jennifer Laffin for being that little voice I hear that keeps me on track.

I’m joining an open community of writers over at Sharing Our Stories: Magic in a Blog. If you write (or want to write) just for the magic of it, consider this your invitation to join us. #sosmagic

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I like that idea of keeping a "done" list--I live by a list pretty much every day and still often feel like I wasted time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to help! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love the DONE list idea too. Sounds like a great idea to be able to appreciate the production you are doing in different areas--also to notice if you are doing some things more than you want to and reallocate your time in the future. Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A done list! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's Gretchen Rubin who called it a Ta Da! list. I need to remember to do that too because it's easy to while away the days of retirement and wonder what the heck I'm accomplishing.

    ReplyDelete