Tuesday, December 1, 2020

My JOYS of 2020

 My JOYS of 2020

During the month of November I wrote 30 #gratikus about the people, place and things for which I am grateful. I featured some of my poems in a previous post. 

I enjoyed writing these haikus every day, because I learned to slow down, pay attention, and capture moments in time (in the present) that made me be present in the moment.

For the month of December I am reflecting on 31 days of JOY-filled moments from throughout 2020. I have looked back through notebooks and scrolled through photos to recollect and relive the excitement and joy felt at that time.

Despite all that COVID has brought with it in 2020, I am choosing to end this year reflecting on all that is and was good. 

One of my greatest JOYs from 2020 was becoming a member of the #100daysofnotebooking Facebook group, because I developed a daily writing habit.

I wrote a notebook entry every day for the first 100 days of 2020 and beyond, and I have continued to this day. I am proud to be ending this year the way I started it...writing.

The notebooks that have captured my JOYS of 2020.

 

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love this idea. This is something I'll keep in mind for 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am intrigued by this notebooking habit, but not there yet. Maybe 2021 will be my year! Joining TeachWrite & getting to know you & others a bit more has already been a joy. Need to continue that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you; there is something so powerful about making writing and reflection a daily practice. The shift in mindset--looking for the positive--is so challenging and extra important this year. I've never heard of #gratikus before--definitely plan to check those out. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete