Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Tired - SOLSC 2021


As a 2nd grade teacher who is delivering instruction via a hybrid/remote learning model, I am fully aware of what it means to be TEACHER TIRED. 

Being on Spring Break this week, I should be resting and relaxing, but that is not the case today.

I am WIFE TIRED after having to drive my spouse (1) to and from his dentist appointment, and (2) 10 miles to the golf course where he left his cell phone holder the day before.

I am MOMMY TIRED from feeling a little bit guilty that I would not go with my daughter to a restaurant for which she made a reservation for herself and her friend after said friend changed her mind at the last minute.

I am PUPPY MOMMY SAD after having to drive my Princey-Poo-Poo to be boarded, so he can be safe and taken care of while we travel for a few days.

Y'all pray for me. I really want to enjoy our road trip and the events in which we will engage.

But, part of me wants to retreat under my comforter and not emerge for a few days, because I. AM. TIRED.

5 comments:

  1. I feel this! You are not alone. There are a lot of tired teachers - I think it compounds with the rest of life.

    The format of this peace, with the well placed all CAPS and final sentence fragment gives it a very authentic voice. I don't know you but I can imagine you saying it. Get some rest and have some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So honest and relatable! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you will find that rest and rejuvination that you are searching for and need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ofen feel too tired to go anywhere or do anything, but once I am away it feels good just to have a change of pace. I hope you enjoy your days away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, Donnetta, I felt this to my bones!! Praying you are able to truly rest and know all your responsibilities will be fine without you until your return when you will be recharged :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete