Saturday, May 8, 2021

T-shirts and Quilts - May 8, 2021

This poem reminds me of the stacks of race day (5K, 10K, 13K) T-shirts I have accumulated over the years.

Most are currently folded neatly and stacked in a pile no longer being used for their intended purpose.

When I was a runner, as new shirts were acquired, older shirts were rotated out. But I never had the heart to throw any of them away.

Ironically,  I have kept my shirts all these years hoping to find a seamstress who will repurpose them into a quilt for me. 

I no longer run races, but I want to hold on the those memories in some tangible way.

I'm hoping my race day T-shirt quilt will be a constant reminder.

__________________________________

Thank you Leigh Anne Eck for inviting me to join Friday Night Quickwrites. You can write with me, Leigh Anne, and others on the Three Teachers Talk blog by clicking here.



1 comment:

  1. My daughter also has t-shirts that she is wanting to make into a quilt! I am so glad this prompt inspired you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete