I have been thinking about this prompt most of today, and I could not come up with one thing that feels/felt big. What came to mind was several things that feel big in my life right now.
So, I created a list...
1. Teaching in today's political climate feels big.
2. Teaching in today's social climate feels big.
3. Letting my 22-year-old, college graduate, who will always be my baby girl, figure out her life feels big.
4. Trusting my 14-year-old, black son to be safe in this world/country/state/anywhere feels big.
5. Starting the school year in a new school with a new team of teachers who I am expected to lead feels big.
When I think about the weightiness of my list, it is not hard to feel small and insignificant. I understand, however, that feelings don't always equate to reality. As I lean in to the big-ness of my feelings, I'm confident I will learn and grow, and maybe others in my sphere will learn something, too.