Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Never Miss A Monday - Day 22 - SOL 2022

 

Write. Share. Give

We have a saying within my workout group, Camp Gladiator, "Never Miss A Monday. It serves as a reminder to start the fitness-week off right. I can proudly say that I hardly ever miss a Monday workout.

However, yesterday, Monday, March 21, I missed a Monday in my writing space. I forgot to compose and post a Slice. And I'll have to check, but I think I also forgot the write in my notebook. Something else I try not to miss.

Not to make excuses, but yesterday was my first day back to work after Spring Break. I think my headspace was consumed with concerns from my workspace. Especially, after finding out that I DID NOT finish our team lesson plans for math before we left for break. Apparently, I was so focused on gathering the materials we would need, that I neglected to type what we would be teaching and what the kiddos would be learning. Needless to say, I was more than a little flustered and very much annoyed with myself for missing that. Thankfully, my team gave me grace, and I have extended grace to myself as well.

But, grace didn't keep from spending much of last night preparing the plans for next week. As a matter of fact, I was able to finish next week's plans for math and writing. Though, I'm happy to be done with the plans, I'm still a bit sad that I didn't post a Slice. I guess I'll have to extend myself a bit more grace.

4 comments:

  1. I like the mantra "Never Miss a Monday." I'm sorry your day was flustered. Coming back from a break is never easy for us or for students! Hope today is better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never miss a Monday is a good rule in self-discipline. And I like the Camp Gladiator moniker. It says everything! I gave myself grace one weekend of not doing any school work and Monday came at me like a vengeance. But did I regret giving myself grace? Not an ounce. Give yourself lots of grace, too. Tam Truong

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be gentle with yourself. Even gladiators need to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, thank goodness for stumbling across your post. I see some writing lengthy posts and commenting in essays and I'm struggling this first week back after the break to remember what I ate for breakfast as I drive to work. I never miss a workout either - my brain needs it and I'm on autopilot - but slicing, this much is gladiator's work. I hope the remaining days go more smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete