Monday, March 11, 2024

Putting Faces with the Slices - March 11 2024 - SOLSC24

Putting Faces with the Slices



Lainie Levin hosted a Slicer Meet-up Zoom Chat on Sunday Evening, March 9. These are some of the faces of the writers whose slices we read; on whose slices we comment. Some have sliced for many years, while some are newbies.

No one asked my opinion, but I think adding the meet-up was a great idea.  I enjoyed hearing about others' past and present experience with the challenge. Many ideas were shared about how to keep going, what constitutes a slice, and tips/tricks to make the process less stressful.

I'm glad I attended. This is my first year back as a Slicer after a two-year hiatus. I definitely feel more connected to the group and part of the community after chatting  and sharing my ideas with fellow writers. I left feeling like I wasn't alone in the struggle that can come with the "obligation" of blogging/posting daily. I also left feeling like a writer; my writing identity bolstered.

If another meet-up is scheduled, I highly recommend you make it a priority to attend.

7 comments:

  1. I am sorry I missed the meet up. I hope there is another. You are the second person to mention how helpful and meaningful it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s amazing how this community feels like coming home even if you missed the reunion last year. Welcome back, writer! Thank you for this slice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those IRL connections... even if they are over Zoom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed meeting you there! And thanks for this PSA; I agree the meet-ups are so worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was fun looking at the faces of many slicers whose blogs I read. I don't even know if my little Chromebook can do these meetings. I suppose I can try it out and see. Welcome back...I never realized we're Texas kin. I'm down very close to Corpus. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you that adding the Zooms was a great idea. It was really nice to be in the Zoom with so many slicers! And I love that we had both an original slicer and a first-time slicer in the group.

    ReplyDelete