Sunday, March 10, 2024

A Memorable Thanksgiving - March 10 2024 - SOLSC24

 A Memorable Thanksgiving

Image by Deborah Hudson from Pixabay

One Thanksgiving when my daughter was still in college, she decided to stay at school and dog-sit for a friend. To my knowledge, this would have been the first Thanksgiving we would not have celebrated together as a family. But that didn't happen.

My husband, son and I packed our bags and spent Thanksgiving with my daughter in her friend's apartment. We cooked a simple, but delicious Thanksgiving meal in her friend's kitchen. My daughter and I took her friend's dogs for walks and made sure they were fed and well cared for.

I was so appreciative of her friend's willingness to allow people she had not met to stay in her home and use her things (including her washer and dryer) that I cleaned and organized her pantry, washed all the bed linen, and remade the beds before we left.

That Thanksgiving always comes back to my remembrance as one of my "Best Moments". (All It Takes Is A Goal ~ Jon Acuff)


No comments:

Post a Comment