Monday, December 30, 2019

Today I Write 12-30-19



Writers' Notebooks

Today I had the pleasure of writing with a group of established writers from various parts of the United States, as well as across the pond in England. We each shared the type of writing on which we would be working. From proposals to poems, journaling to writing a book, our writing projects represented the variety of purposes that written text can have.

I, personally, brainstormed ways I will introduce and implement writers' notebooks with my 2nd Graders in January. I want to provide my Scholars a means to write creatively using picture prompts.

I was able to flesh out a weekly writing plan, a schedule for conferring with Scholars, and a procedure for allowing them to share daily. Scholars will have the opportunity to choose daily whether to revise/edit their work-in-progress or to begin again, changing the direction of their ideas altogether.

I hope this experience will help my Scholars understand that writing is a process, and it's okay for our writing to be messy and ever-changing over time.


1 comment:

  1. I love this! You will your young writers grow in so many ways!

    It was so fun to write with you! I look forward to our next writing meet up!

    ReplyDelete