Monday, March 23, 2020

I Made Myself Laugh: A Poem

March 23, 2020

Today was "a" Monday
It started off real well
An argument with hubby
Almost shot the day to hell

Early AM workout
Wendy gave us all no slack
If I keep pushing hard
I'll be looking like a snack

Homeschooling a 7th grader
Who does not want to study
I am totally over saying,
"You better get it together buddy!"

Virtual staff meeting
The usual, there was no hype
Except one of our members
Thought the meeting was on Skype

My daughter made the drive
To come home for a spree
I think she's only here because,
To her, our food is free

Prior to this writing
My day was far from sunny
I feel a little better now
Cuz some of this is funny!

2 comments:

  1. This is delightful! What a great way to reframe your feelings about some less than lovely things. I also like that you played with different colors ... and the line, "I'll be looking like a snack"!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I love this part: "I am totally over saying,
    "You better get it together buddy!"

    ReplyDelete