Thursday, March 4, 2021

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy - SOLSC 2021


 Today, and most Thursdays, I had the privilege of coaching 2nd grade Scholars in Creative Writing. 

We meet virtually, and I'm not their homeroom teacher, we have bonded as group from the first time we met.

The time we spend connecting, sharing, and writing makes my heart happy, and it makes theirs happy, too.

________________________________
 

This morning one of my writers walked past me as I stood at my door waiting to greet my Scholars. He slowed his stroll a bit, looked my way, and asked, "Are we meeting today?"

"Yes, O! I will see you at 4!"

The other three writers are in same class next door to mine.  The trio delivered a treat (from their teacher) after class started, and in unison expressed, "We can't wait to see you at 4 and write!"

"I can't wait to see you at 4 either, girls."

______________________________________

My heart is happy, because I get to share my passion with these Scholars. But, my heart is overjoyed at their excitement and enthusiasm.
(I smiled the entire time I typed this slice.)

3 comments:

  1. I'm smiling from their excitement, too! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when the joy of my students spills out of them. It is such a fulfilling feeling. I'm so glad you were able to soak up all their excitement today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am smiling as I read this. What I most love is the title of your group, "Scholars in Creative Writing." Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete