Monday, March 1, 2021

Ready for March - SOLSC 2021

In preparation for March, I was reminded to reflect on my OLW. Would I be sticking with the same word or switching it up for the Month. I'll get to my decision shortly.

As I reflected, I also thought about what the month of March had in store for me. There are so many things happening in March that require me to show up as a teacher, a mom, and a writer.

The Slice of Life Story Challenge

Spring Break

Read Across America Day
(Probably the entire month for me and my Scholars)

Early Release Day = Campus-Based PD

Scholars' Birthdays

Asynchronous Day = A Day of Teacher Planning

Virtual Open House
(Don't Ask)

Son's Baseball Season
(Proud Baseball Mom Here)

These are just a few of the things happening in March; a few of the things I "get to" show up and do. As for my OLW, I chose FEARLESS as my overarching word for 2021. For the month of March, I plan to approach each of my "get-tos" CONFIDENTLY!

Alright now March! I'm confident I'm ready for you. I hope you're ready for me.



14 comments:

  1. I know you said not to ask, but "virtual open house"?? That sounds like a slice in the making. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, friend. You can do ANYTHING you set your mind to doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I think the busier I am, the more I get done. I am hoping that is the case this month too! I like your positivity in that these are things you "get to do" and not have to do. But I am not surprised at all! Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are on your way! "Fearless" and proceeding "confidently" speak to your approach, and "get to" communicates your positive mindset. May all go well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your confident words as you address March. Looks like a winning month is lined up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will rock March, Donnetta! You do have a lot going on this month. I hope to hear more about your fearless endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So ready, friend! Love the term get-tos! I am certain that over the next few weeks everything on that list will provide more than a few Slice ideas. Fire up that notebook! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! March looks busy for you! You will rock it. I have survived two virtual open houses so far this year. You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd be scared of that virtual open house. ha! Not you, though, you are fearless! Also, I'm so happy baseball season is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I'm excited that I get to read your posts! Fearless. That really resonated with me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your positive attitude about March -- I made a similar list the other day about all the ongoing projects and "get tos" and for me it was overwhelming. But you've helped me flip the perspective a bit -- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a joy to see you here! Thanks for being YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Appreciate more than anything your 'get to' attitude. I try to remember to face each day with positivity because I 'get to' SHOW UP, as you say, as a 'mom, educator, writer..' YES! Carrying that sentiment with me- TY! xx Nawal

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fearless and confidently feel so empowering. I like your attitude: March, I am ready. Are you ready for me?"

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I saw your FB post with this idea, I did the same in my notebook. It was so fun writing down what to look forward to!! Happy March, friend :)

    ReplyDelete