Thursday, March 3, 2022

4 One Little Words - Day 3 - SOL 2022


Almost every year since January 2016, I've decided upon one word that possess some kind of meaning in my life; a word to live by so to speak. Gratitude was my word for 2016. Last year my word was Fearless.

This year I had a difficult time choosing one word, so I have four. With so many wonky things going on in my life, my career, and the world, these four One Little Words are turning out to be exactly what I need to maintain some semblance of  sanity.
🤪

JOY
I choose to be joyful and fill my spaces with joy.

FORWARD
I'm leaving the past behind and moving forward with anticipation for what lies ahead.

NEW
I'll try new things; hopefully meet new people, and maybe even discover something new about myself in this process.

CALM
I resolve to remain calm and pray without ceasing in the disquieted times. 
I will be anxious for nothing, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, I will present my requests to God.
Philippians 4:6



 

8 comments:

  1. I love your words- they are hopeful and optimistic. I think they are all very powerful and energizing. Do you feel like certain words emerge on particular days or do you find yourself reaching for all 4 words each day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your explanation for the words. I hope they all help you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donnetta, I like that you threw out the "ONE" little word and made your own rule. Four. I need more friends like you. You are brave and fearless. I wrestled and tossed and turned to choose my one little word this year, thinking it would be my little chihuahua following me around. Oh, heck no. I had to go and pick Listen. It's no chihuahua. It's a big clumsy great dane that keeps leading me places I don't always want to go. And then putting his big head in my lap like he's taught me some kind of lesson. That's what Listen does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also considered writing about my word for the year. I wish I did a better job of keeping them in the forefront. It sounds like you chose wisely. Thanks for sharing -- and reminding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of these words, and, what they mean to you, and how they could evolve. I hope you keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great words to guide you. I can't wait to see where these words take you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do so enjoy choosing one word to “live” by and motivate throughout the year - so I am quite impressed you have chosen 4 -and all for good reasons! I’d love to have a check in post later on to see how you feel you’re progressing with each! You have motivated me to pick another word this year too! Thanks, blogging friend!

    ReplyDelete