Monday, March 28, 2022

Cooking Is (Usually) Not For Me - Day 28 - SOL 2022

Write. Share. Give  

I recently wrote a poem about how cooking was NOT my jam. But, I have to meal prep for lunch or else I will spend $4.50 on a student-portion school lunch. 

I came across a video on Instagram of someone cooking Egg Rolls in a Bowl. I thought, "I could make that." If I do cook, I'd rather it be a one pot/pan deal, and this recipe was exactly that.

Here is the original recipe with my modifications. 

Credit goes to @mealprepmondays (IG).

Ingredients: 🍚
1 lb ground turkey
Jasmine @minutericeus Cups x4 - I used the Minute Brown Rice w/ Quinoa
½ diced onion
2 tsp. minced garlic
Shredded cabbage and carrots (or broccoli, cabbage, carrot coleslaw pre-mix from the store)
Salt to taste
1 Chicken Bouillon Seasoning
Garlic Powder to taste
Onion Powder to taste
Curry Powder to taste
Ground Ginger to taste
Chopped Green onion (garnish)
Chili paste - I used Chili Garlic Sauce

Instructions: 👨‍🍳 (I layered the seasonings in as I added the ingredients, except the salt.)
In a medium pan saute diced onions in olive oil, then add the ground turkey, salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Once the turkey is cooked add in the cabbage mix and seasonings. Stir and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes. (Make sure to taste for seasoning). Cook your Minute Rice cups in the microwave and then add 1 each to a meal prep bowl. Top with your turkey and veggie mix. Then drizzle over the sriracha (I use enough Chili Garlic Sauce to not need sriracha.) and sprinkle green onions on top! This recipe makes four meals.

Throughout the cooking process, I was a bit skeptical about how it would taste. I sampled it when it was done, but decided not eat any until lunch the next day. 

I was not disappointed. This recipe is DELICIOUS!!


No comments:

Post a Comment