Tuesday, March 29, 2022

App Savvy - Day 29 - SOL 2022

Write. Share. Give  

I am old fashion when it comes to making purchases.

Although, I'm not writing checks. much these days, except to pay some bills, I still use my debit and credit cards to make most purchases. I think it's mostly about having control.

I have only recently learned how to use apps for preordering food and beverages.

And, I'm rather proud of myself.

You probably already know how this works, but indulge me.

I place my order in the app.

I pay in the app.

I drive to the location and either walk in to pick up my order or my order is brought to me while I wait in the parking lot.

Pretty convenient, right? Right. Except when it's not.

March 29, 2022

5:50am - 10 minutes before the end of my workout, I place my Starbucks order.

(Iced Shaken Espresso: Oat Milk, 3 Shots of Expresso, 2 Pumps of Classic Syrup instead of 4, Ice)

6:00am - I drive to the selected Starbucks location. They don't appear to be open on the inside, so I drive around to the drive thru. No one greets me at the speaker, so I drive around to the window. They don't appear to be open, at. all. 

The baristas are all standing outside the store waiting for the manager who has not shown up yet.

When I inquired about getting the drink I ordered in the app, I was preparing myself to hear that they were sorry and would not be able to help, or that I would have to come back once the story was open.

But, fortunately, that was not the case.

I was told I could go to another Starbucks location, show them my order on the app, and they would help me. 

I was skeptical, so as I headed toward the location near my house, I called the store, and much to my amazement, they were more that willing to make my order.

I was inconvenienced, but I got my drink.


2 comments:

  1. Wonders never cease, nor do hassles! Glad you got your drink in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That's a great advertisement for Starbucks - you should let them know!

    ReplyDelete