Tuesday, January 3, 2023

I Did Not Burn Down the House - SOL - January 3, 2023

 I
DID NOT
burn down the house
twice last week.

The first day
I
DID NOT
burn down the house,
a fire sparked
in the microwave
while I was popping
a bag of popcorn.


The second day
I
DID NOT
burn down the house,
flames shot out
the back of the grill hood
while I was grilling
steaks.


Needless to say,
anytime
one 
DOES NOT
burn down the house
two days in a row,
one 
DOES
unbox the brand new
fire extinguisher
and 
place it on the kitchen table
for quick and easy access.

Just in case.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my! Your title grabbed me and I really enjoyed the poetry structure you used to share your recent adventures. I also appreciate the positive slant--lol That's looking on the bright side! :) Finally, I'm relieved to hear there's a new fire extinguisher in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The power of what is not said in this post works! And I'm glad you still have a house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful that you didn't burn the house down AND I'm happy that you're a smart woman and unboxed that fire extinguisher!

    ReplyDelete