Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Suburban Nature - Slice of Life - July 11, 2023

 


I would not at all consider myself a nature buff. I'm not inclined to hike or walk in the woods. To be honest, I have a love-hate relationship with nature. I love when nature stays out of my house and away from me, and I hate when it invades my space.

But...
After attending a nature journaling session recently, I am open to shifting my mindset.

So...
 Since I live in heavily populated community, I decided to start where I am and observe the nature around me. 

Now...
When I go for a walk or walk my dog, I keep my eyes up in the clouds and my head on a swivel. I have my phone camera app open, ready for whatever nature puts on display.

As a result...
I have captured some impressive images.

And...
I'm actually excited to venture out of my comfort zone to interact with more of what nature has to offer.

Fire in the Clouds

Butterfly Wings

Squirrel Enjoying Breakfast



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! Your photos have captured the little joys of nature all around you. You have definitely captured impressive images. So glad you are tuning in to the awesomeness of the world around you. Keep on noticing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to keep your eyes open and really see your environment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos and all that you observed! I love the squirrel! I love how you're venturing outside of your comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donnetta! I'm late, but I'm honoring our fist-bump to show up here today. I love your photos and the honesty of your writing. I especially loved the idea of keeping your head on swivel. That was a perfect word choice!

    ReplyDelete