Saturday, March 2, 2024

Getting Flowers - March 2 2024 - SOLSC24

 GETTING FLOWERS

    My husband and I were married in a small, intimate ceremony in Las Vegas, at a small chapel somewhere off the strip in 2003. In 2006, we got pregnant with our son, Nathaniel. I'm sure my husband was excited and nervous at the same time about being a father. This would be his first child.

    If you know my spouse at all, which you don't, you'd know that he is not very mushy at all. He calls it being "all butter". "All butter, he is not."

    But, one day during my pregnancy, I get called to the front office. I worked as Media Center Paraprofessional in an elementary school at the time. He had the local florist deliver the most beautiful bouquet of red roses with a card that read, "We're having a baby, Baby!"

    He's still not really "all butter", but my heart melted that day.

Image by Pexels from Pixabay

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet story! I loved reading about this moment of "butter". I also really liked your line: "If you know my spouse at all, which you don't, "--it's a fun play on a classic phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unexpected surprises are the very best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet! Also, I love "all butter." It's such a great descriptor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, I love this special memory and the "butter" reference. Gorgeous photo, too!

    ReplyDelete