Sunday, March 24, 2024

I Hate The Way They Cut This Tree - March 24 2024 - SOLSC24

I HATE THE WAY THEY CUT THIS TREE

Though I completely understand there are a plethora of reasons for trimming trees and removing branches, this knowledge does not eliminate nor change the fact the I feel some kind of way about how this tree was trimmed.

I'll assume that its growth had begun to impede upon the required safe distance between the branches and the power lines. 

Since this tree is located among the landscaping outside my subdivision, I am quite grateful that action was taken to remove the possibility of the adverse consequences associated with the communion of the two entities.

All the same, I was overtaken with sadness as gazed up and saw so much of this tree missing during my afternoon walk with my Princey-Poo-Poo. It looks as if it has been scalped or severely nicked while getting a haircut.



2 comments:

  1. OK, I totally see your point, but, I don't know -- there is something about this cut that almost gives the tree...a personality? It's limbs reaching? Kind of reminds me that despite human interaction, a trees gonna do tree. But I love this little observation of yours. Your last line is it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I could send you images from my neighbourhood which look so similar! There is a sadness that comes over me every time they clear cut or take out old trees for a highrise of multi-unit dwelling. Even with rules around the diameter of trees that can't be cut down, the developers do it anyway. So, I guess a trim is better than a cut in this case.

    ReplyDelete