Saturday, March 16, 2024

Spring Break Is Coming to an End - March 16 2024 - SOLSC24

 Spring Break Is Coming to an End

It is Saturday, March 16, and I have been on Spring Break since Monday, March 12. The week has gone by way too fast, but I did my best to enjoy the time off. The Friday before Spring Break I was sure I would do nothing but sleep the entire week; but, of course, that did not happen. "What did you do?" You ask. Well, I'm glad you asked. Let me give you a recap.

Monday
  • Met with Teacher Pension to understand what I have in terms of retirement and get all my money in one place
  • Time To Write Journal Club: I wrote about a rock.
Tuesday
  • I was able to get a Doctor's Appointment to get my aching shoulder
  • For some reason, such a burst of energy came over me that I cleaned our downstairs floors and baseboards.
  • I wrote with my Time To Write Group.
Wednesday
  • My weekly physical therapy appointment was already scheduled.
  • I went to the eye doctor. Gotta wait 3 weeks for new glasses.
  • I wrote again with my Time To Write Group.
Thursday
  • Have brunch with a new friend at a great little coffee spot was the highlight of my day.
  • Having my boobies smooshed during my mammogram was the low.
  • I made it to Write Before Bed hosted by Heather.
Friday
  • Getting a fresh haircut before going back to school on Monday and donating blood rounded out the 5-day week.
  • My husband and I did our weekly grocery shopping to avoid the end-of-spring-break Saturday crowds.
Today - Saturday
  • Taking my Princey-Poo-Poo to the Animal Hospital at 2:00 am was absolutely heartbreaking. Don't worry he's okay. But, we won't be buying anymore grapes.
  • I had the privilege of hosting Time To Write early this morning.
  • Then, I met with my book club to discuss the final chapters of The Garden Within by Dr. Anita Phillips.
Tomorrow - Sunday
  • Our family normally goes to church, but a follow-up at the Animal Hospital is required. 
  • Hopefully I will find a way to avoid the Sunday Scaries as I prepare to return to work.

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain at a Spring Break that passed too quickly. Hoping that your furry friend is on the mend and that the Sunday Scaries will stay away

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a full week! Enjoy the rest of your break ... and enjoy the return to the fun/rush/chaos/pleasure of the classroom!

    ReplyDelete