Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Happy Is As Happy Does - SOLSC 2021

This image is obviously pre-Covid - a much happier time for us all.

Being in the classroom with my Scholars is where I strive to be for the remainder of my career. I thrive on the interaction and connection between us. I'm happy to sit criss-cross-apple-sauce on the floor - talking, sharing, questioning, pondering, learning.

Someone has the run the school, and someone has to coach the teachers; but put me in a classroom full of Scholars, and I'm in my happy place.


2 comments:

  1. I feel this on such a deep level, Donnetta. No matter how difficult things get in the outside world, I love being able to count on the honest, sincere, earnest relationships I have with my students. On the learning we do together. On the new perspectives they bring me. I also love that you call them "scholars" - it's proof of the respect and high esteem you have for them. Which, I'm sure, comes back to you tenfold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so heartfelt! I am struggling with the question of what I want the next part of my career to look like and this is helpful perspective. Not sure if I feel the same way as you, or not, but I've never been one to feel certain when making big decisions! Your students are so lucky for your leadership.

    ReplyDelete