Sunday, March 14, 2021

March 14 - SOLSC 2021

My Notebook Entry from March 14, 2020

This date last year was the Saturday after Spring Break. during The month of february, our school/staff suffered tremendous loses, and by the time Spring Break finally arrived, I was mentally and emotionally exhausted.

I had already planned to as little as possible during the break, because I really wanted to return to my Scholars refreshed and able to give them my best as we ended the year. You know the saying, "Finish Strong". Finishing strong was my goal.

As the news of the virus started to pick up steam, our district sent notification that Spring Break would be extended until March 30; at which time they would have a plan in place for finishing the school year strong, or at the very least, finishing the school year.

__________________________________________________

This date this year, today, is the Sunday before Spring Break. For The last eight months, our teachers have been teaching in a hybrid/remote learning model, and as Spring Break finally arrives, I am tired and in need of rest and recuperation, but not to the extent of last year.

I, and my family, have already planned a road trip to Oklahoma City for a few days, because we really want to make the most of the time we have together. not to mention, we have sheltered-in-place fairly faithfully since the beginning of the pandemic.

As the news reports more information about vaccines, I don't anticipate any notifications of Spring Break being extended. But, just like last year, I plan to return to my Scholars ready to finish the year strong.


4 comments:

  1. It's amazing the difference a year can make. So glad to hear you are in a better place to finish this year. Teaching in a hybrid model is TOUGH. I wish you luck and a strong finish to your year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your Spring Break! So many things about this time last year were so weird. I was actually quite impressed by the fact that you decided to clean your whole house when you found out the break was extended last year. I hope you have a chance to rest and recuperate this year during your Spring Break. Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will both be resting and recuperating this week and may we both finish the year out strong! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a difference a year makes!

    I remember when we thought it was going to just be a couple of weeks that the kids were home. My daughter has been home a year (and counting) since she's been doing remote instruction.

    Enjoy your spring vacation! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete