Monday, March 8, 2021

Unofficial Therapy Dog - SOLSC 2021


I read a Slice yesterday by writer who wrote about not being a dog person. I happen to be a dog person. In fact, in July of 2020, my family purchased our (my) Princey-Poo-Poo.

Prince became part of our family at a time when I was struggling mentally after COVID hit. Normal wasn't normal anymore. 

Teaching, instruction, learning, relationships, connections...ALL changed and became so much more difficult.

Shelter-In-Place, quarantining, shutdowns, and masks...ALL became the new normal.

I'm not sure if I consciously thought getting a puppy would help me, but I know I felt strongly about getting one. So, we did.
 
Prince - July 7, 2020 
(Welcome to the Family!)

Having Prince has required a lot of work. But, I am positive that getting him was the best decision we could have made. Ultimately, he did help me. Actually, I think he saved me. He was exactly what I needed to refocus and rejuvenate my deteriorating mindset.

Left: Prince thinks he's a lapdog. But, I don't mind.
Right: "Here Mom. Throw it!"

5 comments:

  1. Dogs do heal in some way. We have a Havanese. My in-laws live about 10 minutes from us and always help out walking her on the days we worked pre-covid. Once covid hit we didn't know if it was safe for dogs to be with them. Once we knew it was okay -we started dropping her off every day. It was amazing what she did for their disposition. Prince is handsome and I love that he thinks he is a lapdog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prince was meant to be in your life to support your "deteriorating mind" but also so you could slice and share his utter cuteness wiht all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to smile when I read your piece - we have a Covid puppy, too, and I wrote about her today. Prince is adorable. It's amazing how every dog is truly a therapy dog, especially during these times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Prince has brought so much to the Teach Write TTW attendees, too! I love me a Prince sighting. I mostly love that he saved you, dear friend. If that is true, he's worth his weight in gold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love his name, Princey Poo Poo. I also have an oversized lap dog. She has brought me much joy and comfort in the pandemic. Our pets have been true life savers throughout the past year.

    ReplyDelete